When you’re trying to choose the right fuel treatment, how do you know a good one from a not-so-good one? If you aren’t in the fuel industry, looking at the options available can be confusing and frustrating, so in this episode, I'll be going over how to find out what you need to know and make an educated choice when it comes to fuel additives.
Listen in as I share my top three things to look for when deciphering between fuel additives. You'll get some clarity around what fuel additives are actually going to do what they claim they can do, as well as which ones may not be the best option for your particular need. You'll also hear helpful tips on how to find the information you need, what is important to know, and where to look for it.
Listen to the Full Episode:
What You'll Learn:
- The confusion that happens when trying to decide between fuel treatments.
- Why you need to be wary of over-promising.
- What to do when you’re trying to get more information on a fuel additive.
- What the GHS system is and what it can do for you.
- What the generic names in section 3 tend to mean.
- Why the reputation of the company matters.
- How to look at the treat-rate relative to what it promises.
- How low is too low when it comes to treat-rates.
- The different treat rates and how to distinguish between them.
Ideas Worth Sharing:
“The more it promises to do, the less likely it is to deliver on everything that it promises.” - Erik Bjornstad
“If you want to do your due diligence, you can check the EPA to see if the fuel additive you’re considering is registered.” - Erik Bjornstad
“You’re going to be looking for the names of things in the industry that are known to be the kinds of things that will do the function that it’s claiming to do.” - Erik Bjornstad
Share this Article!Tweet
Make Sure You Don't Miss An Episode!
Get an email when a new Fuel Pulse Show episode drops!