We know that maintaining stored fuel health is essential to ensure that it is still in good condition and safe to use. Taking care of stored fuel properly requires a combination of three elements: chemical, mechanical, and testing. However, many people don’t have the right equipment or don’t know where to begin with this testing. So, in this episode, I will be sharing the top 10 fuel tests that you should consider if your goal is maintaining the health of any stored fuel that might be under your care or responsibility.
Listen in as I describe the proper way to execute fuel testing and what you will need to know before you even begin testing. You will learn the importance of repeatability when it comes to testing fuel properties, why you must know what a test does (and does not) do, and the benefit of taking preventative measures.
Listen to the Full Episode:
What You'll Learn:
- How to preserve and maintain stored fuel health.
- Why fuel polishing is not the only thing you need to do.
- How to have the best fuel care.
- Why testing is the most important element of stored fuel health.
- The importance of repeatability when it comes to fuel testing.
Ideas Worth Sharing:
- “The most important tests for fuel are the tests that either confirm what the condition of the fuel is right now or they give you a useful idea of whether the condition of a fuel is going to change in the future and how likely that is to happen sooner rather than later.” - Erik Bjornstad
- “In order to take care of stored fuel properly, you don’t just need one thing—you need three things: chemical, mechanical, and testing elements.” - Erik Bjornstad
- “Testing is extremely important for taking care of stored fuel and ensuring it is healthy.” - Erik Bjornstad
- “Preventative action is always better than fixing something after a problem occurs.” - Erik Bjornstad
- “When you hear density referenced, it is always referenced relative to some sort of normal temperature.” - Erik Bjornstad
- Erik Bjornstad: LinkedIn
Share this Article!Tweet
Make Sure You Don't Miss An Episode!
Get an email when a new Fuel Pulse Show episode drops!