There is plenty of stored fuel across the country. This includes gas stations, fire stations, police stations, and even some lesser-known buildings such as nursing home facilities and hospitals. All of this stored fuel has to be taken care of and so, I am going to be talking about a specific aspect of taking care of that fuel. In this episode, we will dive into the topic of biocides, what you should use to solve microbial issues in stored fuel, and how to ensure you’re using the right product to take care of your fuel.
Listen in as I explain what happens if you do not check your fuel regularly and what can happen if your fuel becomes contaminated and unusable. You will learn where biocides are used most frequently, how to tell if you’re about to purchase a legally approved biocide, and how biocides are approved.
Listen to the Full Episode:
What You'll Learn:
- How to avoid getting fooled into investing in something that isn’t going to get the job done.
- What you should use to solve microbial problems in order to take care of stored fuel.
- How to know what a suitable biocide is versus a not-so-good biocide.
- What happens if you do not check on your fuel frequently.
- How to stop microbial problems from occurring.
- How to find out if your biocide is legally made.
Ideas Worth Sharing:
- “There are good and bad things in everything. Nothing is completely good and nothing is completely bad. We have to acknowledge the good and bad in everything.” - Erik Bjornstad
- “If you have stored fuel today, it is only a matter of time before you develop microbial problems.” - Erik Bjornstad
- “If you don’t check your fuel regularly, microbial problems tend to bloom and develop.” - Erik Bjornstad
- “Something that controls water doesn’t control microbes.” - Erik Bjornstad
- “Biocides can be tricky to handle because they kill things. So you need to make sure that any facility that’s going to be bottling it has its stuff together.” - Erik Bjornstad
- Erik Bjornstad: LinkedIn
Share this Article!Tweet
Make Sure You Don't Miss An Episode!
Get an email when a new Fuel Pulse Show episode drops!
Leave a Comment