Today we’re exploring the fascinating world of microbial testing in fuel and how it has evolved to become more accurate. In our previous discussion, we talked about the importance of microbial testing and the options available for testing fuel on-site, as opposed to sending it to a lab, which can result in inaccurate results. We also highlighted the significance of knowing the appropriate testing method to confirm the exact problem you have.
In this episode, we focus on the adenosine triphosphate (ATP) testing method, which has become the most exact and accurate of all fuel testing methods. We'll delve into the changes made to ATP testing to enhance its accuracy and reduce cross-contamination, as well as discuss the advantages of using ATP testing over other methods. By the end of this episode, you'll have a better understanding of the pros and cons of each fuel testing method, and be able to choose the most suitable method for your fuel testing needs.
Listen to the Full Episode:
What You'll Learn:
- The importance of being familiar with different test types to know which one is really right for us.
- What adenosine triphosphate (ATP) testing is.
- How to conduct an ATP test.
- How they’ve changed ATP tests to become more accurate.
- The advantages of ATP tests.
- How to know which test is best for you.
- The problems with ATP tests.
Ideas Worth Sharing:
- “Microbial testing is the best way to confirm what kind of problem you actually have and enables you to make the right decisions on how to solve that problem.” - Erik Bjornstad
- “We need to be familiar with different test types to know which one is really right for us.” - Erik Bjornstad
- “All living cells have ATP. You cannot have a living cell without the existence of ATP.” - Erik Bjornstad
- “ATP tests are the most exact and the most accurate of tests, and they are subject to the least amount of cross-contamination.” - Erik Bjornstad
- “Remember each tank is different.” - Erik Bjornstad
- Erik Bjornstad: LinkedIn
Share this Article!Tweet
Make Sure You Don't Miss An Episode!
Get an email when a new Fuel Pulse Show episode drops!
Leave a Comment