Did you know that the cause of most tractor diesel engine problems originates in the fuel tank? In this post, we will look at diesel fuel-related problems in your tractor's engine.
There are several symptoms to look out for that may preclude any problems occurring in your tractor:
- Sludge build up in the tank
- excess smoke
- dark hazy fuel
- unpleasant odor emissions
- loss of power & RPM
- clogged filters
Did you know that over 90 percent of slime and sludge build-up in gas tanks are mainly caused by fuel and oil breakdown residue? This sludge leads to corrosion in the injectors, pumps, and storage tanks.
Adding a diesel fuel additive like Bell Performance's DEE-ZOL can prevent all of these symptoms from occurring. DEE-ZOL is a lab-proven, low-cost solution to diesel engine sludge build-up.
Bell's DEE-ZOL is a balanced formulation that is safe for all grades and brands of diesel fuel and regular use provides many benefits including:
- increased gas mileage
- clean injector valves & rings
- elimination of sludge build-up
- increased horsepower
- better preserved fuel quality
- a sizeable reduction in harmful emissions
- less downshifting
- less downtime
DEE-ZOL will keep your tractor running smoothly and efficiently.
You may be interested in these other posts:
- Fuel Storage for Farms - A Primer
- Fuel Storage for Farms - Part Two
- Ethanol-Blended Gasoline and Its Effects On Farm Equipment
This post was published on September 14, 2010 and was updated on January 7, 2022.