Did you know that the cause of most tractor diesel engine problems originate in the fuel tank? In this post, we will look at diesel fuel related problems in your tractor's engine.
There are several symptoms to look out that may prelude any problems occurring in your tractor:
- Sludge build up in the tank
- excess smoke
- dark hazy fuel
- unpleasant odor emissions
- loss of power & RPM
- clogged filters
Did you know that over 90 percent of slime and sludge build up in gas tanks are mainly caused by fuel and oil breakdown residue? This sludge leads to corrosion in the injectors, pumps and storage tanks.
Bell's DEE-ZOL is a balanced formulation is safe for all grades and brands of diesel fuel and regular use provides many benefits including:
- increased gas mileage
- clean injector valves & rings
- elimination of sludge build up
- increased horse power
- better preserved fuel quality
- a sizeable reduction in harmful emissions
- less downshifting
- less downtime
DEE-ZOL will keep your tractor running smoothly and efficiently.
You may be interested in these other posts:
- Fuel Storage for Farms - A Primer
- Fuel Storage for Farms - Part Two
- Ethanol-Blended Gasoline and Its Effects On Farm Equipment
This post was published on September 14, 2010 and was updated on May 9, 2014.